This video is “Youtube shaky corrected” which is visible rather well at the very end of the video. So don’t get your conspiracy theories at too high level. 😛
This I managed to produce today:
And here you can see it bolted to its place:
I also lifted the front high enough to check the front axle movement and it looks to work perfectly as planned. All clearances are just correctly sized.
Now there will be one week hiatus because I need to make a work related trip to India. Since I have been working at weekends it is likely the next project update comes at first weekend of May.
Next I will continue the frame building so that the front mount of the front axle will get some support. Seems that steering axle will need some thinking how it can be implemented, but that I will worry later since there will be enough space for that also.
This afternoon I had some time to work at garage. First I changed summer tires to my Sierra and slightly adjusted front mudflaps to make enough room for bigger tires to be able to turn when steering. Second task was to change oils + filters to my Sierra and my dad’s Volvo S40 T4.
After those tasks were done I still had some time to spare so I finalized engine rear right mount for my DIY tractor project:
Next task is to create a new engine rear lift hook so it is nicer to lift the engine back and forth as the project progresses. Also those other two engine mounts (front and rear left) needs to be welded properly after I have verified the front axle is able to float as planned.
So maybe the next tasks will not be that visible… But after those I will continue the frame building so that it will be extended to the front of the front axle, which is then once again a bit more visible progress.
Today I worked some hours at garage and this is what I managed to produce:
I also welded the support arm to the frame:
Or almost ready since it is not yet properly welded, just tagged but carries already engine’s weight:
Work with rear right mount started:
Hopefully at next weekend all the mounts are tagged to their places and I can verify front axle/frame movements. After those are verified I can weld all the mounts properly.