I have not been able to work lately with the tractor project due work related travels, hobby related travels, spring time garden works, dad’s Volvo needed maintenance and plenty of other things… But today I tag welded these upwards heading beams:
Next weekend I will not be able to work with this project since we have yearly bowling team event at one summer cottage. At least one weekend will also go with building new outer doors to my parents house. So the progress will be somewhat slow still with the tractor project during June, but hopefully during July I have more time for it.
This is the current status:
Front axle mount and load carrying stiffener welded.
I started to build the frame extension to support front axle front mount:
Its quite likely that tomorrow I will not have time to work with the project since I planned to go to try my luck in one bowling competition. But this continues latest on Sunday.
This video is “Youtube shaky corrected” which is visible rather well at the very end of the video. So don’t get your conspiracy theories at too high level. 😛
This I managed to produce today:
And here you can see it bolted to its place:
I also lifted the front high enough to check the front axle movement and it looks to work perfectly as planned. All clearances are just correctly sized.
Now there will be one week hiatus because I need to make a work related trip to India. Since I have been working at weekends it is likely the next project update comes at first weekend of May.
Next I will continue the frame building so that the front mount of the front axle will get some support. Seems that steering axle will need some thinking how it can be implemented, but that I will worry later since there will be enough space for that also.
This afternoon I had some time to work at garage. First I changed summer tires to my Sierra and slightly adjusted front mudflaps to make enough room for bigger tires to be able to turn when steering. Second task was to change oils + filters to my Sierra and my dad’s Volvo S40 T4.
After those tasks were done I still had some time to spare so I finalized engine rear right mount for my DIY tractor project:
Later there will be added gear shifter 90 degree mechanism under that bush so I will not be adding any further stiffeners until I see how that will align.
Next task is to create a new engine rear lift hook so it is nicer to lift the engine back and forth as the project progresses. Also those other two engine mounts (front and rear left) needs to be welded properly after I have verified the front axle is able to float as planned.
So maybe the next tasks will not be that visible… But after those I will continue the frame building so that it will be extended to the front of the front axle, which is then once again a bit more visible progress.
Today I worked some hours at garage and this is what I managed to produce:
It still needs 3 riser washers and then it is ready. Or maybe I still add some stiffeners also, but let’s see…
I also welded the support arm to the frame:
I might finalize this mount buildup at some evening before the next weekend, but let’s see…
Some progress with engine’s rear right mount:
Hopefully tomorrow this mount is ready and engine sits on it’s mounts without hanging from the roof like it now still does. 🙂
Or almost ready since it is not yet properly welded, just tagged but carries already engine’s weight:
Work with rear right mount started:
Hopefully at next weekend all the mounts are tagged to their places and I can verify front axle/frame movements. After those are verified I can weld all the mounts properly.
Maybe tomorrow this rear left mount is ready:
Next task after this is ready is to create the rear right mount.