The engine’s final resting place starts to be decided:
Now I need to attend to one bowling competition finale so that’s about it for today’s workshop activities: www.ibc.fi/live
UPDATE, final scores: http://fw.ibc.fi:88/scoreViewer.php?compid=43597
Some modeling before the engine position is permanent:
Hopefully tomorrow I can start working with the engine rear mounts, but I want to be certain that the engine position will be as good as it can be. So no rushing at this moment…
Next task is to create support beam from the frame to this mount:
After that the two engine back mounts… So this will still take quite some time until the engine is fully mounted.
Not as much progress today as I hoped, but this continues tomorrow:
This will eventually be the engine front mount:
Some pieces still missing though… But under construction. 🙂
Yesterday I centered the frame and front axle:
Plenty of measurements + small tweaking needed, but now it aligns rather nicely.
Today I welded the front axle rear mount properly in place and created vertical load (weight) carrying pieces to make the front axle mount stronger:
One piece to front/rear mount of the front axle (so they are not at their correct place at the picture).
Next task is to create the engine mount:
And after that continue frame building to create front mount extension to the frame. But this project starts to take shape quite nicely now. 🙂
Now the major part of the frame has taken it’s shape:
There still is plenty of work with the frame since the front axle front mount frame extension needs to be still done, but I might do that after the engine has been mounted.
This is as pro as it will get: 🙂
Pretty soon this can be regocnized as vehicle frame:
It was somewhat longer hiatus than I originally planned. There has been multiple reasons for it, like the fact that I only have one not so powerful electric heater at my garage. So it is not that tempting to do work at winter. I have also done some programming for our local bowling alley to build a live scoring system for them.
But today I started properly to create the frame parts:
During the hiatus I did some thinking how I actually want to build the frame and now I’m just building the parts according the plan.