I changed new front shock absorbers & upper mounts to one Opel Vectra from year 2000. Some visible difference between new upper mount and the old one:
There were plenty of free space between the chassis and upper plate and here is the earlier quick & dirty fix before :
At least it is now properly fixed and no this kind kludges exist anymore. 🙂
Now waiting urethane foam to dry and then I will clean the excess goo off. After that I can install the inner wall.
Some polyurethane foam goo and insulation work is done.
The rear outerwall is now ready and next I need to prelimimary mount the new rear lights:
After that I will install the insulations:
I was working more than two hours today with the trailer at the evening, but not that much visible progress unfortunately. It is very slow to work with this light structures when you need to carefully dismantle parts and as carefully put them back together.
But I managed to reinforce the down left corner of the rear wall which some earlier owner had crashed and fixed a bit hastily.
The rear light mounts will get aluminium plates which will level out the rest of the bumps. And some time later I will paint at least the lower section of the camping trailer, since it could be a good idea to leave top part of it still white.
Lower wooden beam is also now mounted. Probably I will add some wooden parts below the aluminium beam to provide additional support for the backrest which also works as support for the rear table. Hopefully I’m soon able to start installing the insulation…
I added an additional aluminium support beam to get the back shape right and for better mount point for the rear lights.
The lower wood beam is not mounted yet, it will be slightly higher than it is currently.
Outside I will install aluminium plates where the rear lights will be mounted.
I started to build the support structures:
To be continued tomorrow…
Since people were complaining about too high first step I decided to do something about it:
I continued tearing the rear wall to pieces:
And front wall panel has been attached. Now waiting glue to dry to be able to continue with the front wall.