Small drawback…

Yesterday evening I started to think the steering a bit deeper… And I started to think that probably the steering is reversed at my current construction. Needless to say that I was correct. There were at least two options how to fix the situation, either to add one set of gears to the steering or swap the tie-rod 180 degrees. Both fixes would need some amount of work, but I decided to rotate the tie-rod:


So I needed to take the front-axle once again to pieces and grind the tie-rod mount points away…  Now when the rie-rod is rotated those mount points need to be installed to a different angle + they need to be slightly modified. But this solution will be beneficial since at right side there is much more room than left side.

So no frame construction today nor at next session when I have time for that… But that does not matter since the end result is more important than the date when this is ready. Next task is to fit the tie-rod mount points once again. Hopefully this time permanently. 🙂