Once I took the drivers side rear brake disc off these dropped out:
Root cause for this is rust:
That hole should not look like + sign, instead it should look like minus sign… So even I purchased a new mount/spring set for the hand brake system I needed to figure out how to make the spring to stay at it’s position. I come up with this solution:
Note the two nuts inside the spring. They were needed to center the spring so that it sits nicely. I used nylock nuts to make sure they will stay there.
Only one spring needed this fix, others were still good enough shape, however I expect them needing this same fix after a couple of years since they had started to rust similar way toward plus (+) shape.